How do I upload the files to my hosting?
You can easily upload the template files to your hosting space via File Transfer Protocol (FTP) or using a cPanel file manager.
How To Upload Files Via FTP?
1. Unzip the zip files with WinZip or any zip extractor.
2. Open the XHTML or responsive HTML folder
3. Install and open FileZilla (if you don’t have it installed already).
4. Go to the File menu and select Site Manager.
5. Click New Site.
6. Give the New Site a name – such as “yourdomain.com Hosting” (make sure you replace yourdomain.com with your domain name!)
7. Now you will fill out the Host field (typically yourdomain.com), set the port to 21, set Logon Type to normal, then enter your FTP login credentials
8. Click Connect.
Filezilla should then confirm in its log that you’re connected, and you will now see a new setup for the application.
On the left side of the window, you will see files and folders from your local computer, and on the right-hand side, you need to upload your files. You can select the files from the right side, drag, and upload them.
Please be aware that the files for your website are uploaded into the /public_html or /www folder; those are the primary folder for your website to function from.
9. Upload the files inside the XHTML folder to your domain root or subfolder where you want to use them.
Using cPanel File Manager
It is also possible to upload files for your website via cPanel using its inbuilt File Manager, however, if you’re uploading large numbers of files the use of an FTP application will make for a smoother process.
To use the cPanel File Manager follow these steps:
- Login to your cPanel service.
- Click on the File Manager icon on your cPanel home screen.
- Select the “Web Root” option and click Go.
- You are now within your cPanel File Manager which provides functions to add/remove files and folders, rename, copy, paste and adjust permissions.